Ah, hemp seeds. Why did we add them to our Chef Soraya bowls? Well, as our goal was to create nourishing plant-based macro bowls for our customers, we wanted to include one of the world’s best superfoods into our meals . . . hemp seeds! These trendy, yet powerful, little seeds are not only nutty and delicious, but they also offer an array of nutritional health benefits. So, we just had to hop on the hemp-band-wagon!
The Benefits of Hemp Seeds For Inflammation
Inflammation is the body’s natural response to an injury, infection, or irritant. But, when inflammation goes on for too long or occurs in places where it is not needed, it can lead to chronic illness and disease. Amazingly, hemp seeds are rich in two essential fatty acids, linoleic acid (omega-6) and alpha-linolenic acid (omega-3). The 3:1 ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 is considered an optimal anti-inflammatory range. This is important as most foods in the modern American diet contain an extremely high ratio of omega-6 fatty acids (typically 16:1), which actually creates inflammation in the body. Not only are hemp seeds amazing at reducing inflammation but they offer other health benefits as well!
Hemp Seeds Are . . .
- A great source of complete plant-based protein. 2–3 tablespoons, provides 11 grams of protein.
- A great source of both soluble (20% ) and insoluble fiber (80%).
- Heart Healthy! These seeds contain high amounts of the amino acid arginine, which produces nitric oxide in your body. Nitric oxide lowers your blood pressure by is a gas making your blood vessels dilate and relax!
- High in GLA (gamma-linolenic acid), which helps with brain function, as well as hair, skin, and nail health!
- Full of vitamins and minerals like vitamin E, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, magnesium, sulfur, calcium, iron, and zinc.
These are just some of the benefits that hemp seeds have to offer and ongoing research is finding that the hemp plant as a whole, is quite medicinal. To clarify, hemp seeds are the seeds of the Cannabis Sativa plant but do not contain any THC or CBD.
Chef Soraya Bowls . . . The Perfect All-In-One
Our delicious plant-based macro bowls truly have it all when it comes to macro and micronutrients. We make it easy to reach your nutritional needs in one delicious, easy-to-make meal. So, sit back, relax, and eat a Chef Soraya Bowl knowing that you are nourishing yourself like a pro.