One question we sometimes receive from customers is how not to make the Chef Soraya bowls soupy! The simple answer is to follow the instructions and let the ingredients fully rehydrate. But . . . what if you are in the mood for soup? Well, you can simply add more water to your Chef Soraya bowl, OR, you can try this nourishing, delicious soup recipe! Chef Soraya's Mexican Rice and Bean Soup recipe is full of flavor to please the taste buds, fiber to keep you full, and fluid to keep you hydrated! Especially as colder weather is approaching us, soup can be one of the easiest, comforting meals to make.
- 2 Chef Soraya Chipotle Bowls
- 2 Tbsps Olive Oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 stalk of celery chopped
- 2 red bell peppers chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Fresh cilantro
- In a large stockpot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, celery, carrots, and red pepper and sauté for 5-7 minutes.
- Next, add the garlic and cook for another minute or until fragrant.
- Mix in the tomato paste, and slowly add the vegetable stock into the pot.
- Add fresh cilantro and 2 Chef Soraya Chipotle bowls. Stir thoroughly and put the lid on the pot.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stir well, and then reduce back to low heat.
- Let the soup simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with guacamole, sour cream, or your favorite toppings of choice!
Have leftovers? Pour the remaining soup contents into a glass container and keep in the freezer for a rainy or snowy day! If you love this Mexican Rice and Bean Soup, we encourage you to make more soups and stews with any of the Chef Soraya Plant-based Macro Meals. In fact, if you create your own recipe using any Chef Soraya bowl, you will have a chance to be featured on our recipe blog! Simply share your recipe idea with us on social media or via email. We can’t wait to see what tasty ideas you come up with!